MEET DR. TESSLER
Dr. Tessler is double board certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a member in good standing of multiple notable organizations and societies, such as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons(CSPS), and the Plastic Surgery Research Council(PSRC).
SKILLS & TRAINING
After graduating from McGill University with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Dr. Tessler was selected as one of five students to complete a prestigious five-year combined MD-MBA program at McGill, the top ranked medical school in Canada. This program, the only one in the country at the time, was designed to produce leaders in health care. During his studies he received multiple scholarships and grants for his work.
Following medical school, Dr. Tessler was accepted into the McGill University Integrated Plastic Surgery residency program. Throughout this program, he published in numerous peer-reviewed journals and presented his clinical work at national and international meetings. Further, the AirMouse, a product he-cofounded to alleviate pain in patients suffering from repetitive stress injuries to their wrists, won multiple business awards and was featured in newspapers across North America. He continued his training at Harvard University, in Reconstructive and Aesthetic Breast Surgery. In addition to his published work in breast reconstruction, he was a part of the surgical team that performed the first complete hand transplant at Massachusetts General Hospital. He also helped publish and present on new surgical techniques for Migraine sufferers.
Dr. Tessler began his practice as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery at LSU and Tulane Universities in New Orleans. During his time in New Orleans, Dr. Tessler served as Associate Program Director and Director of Plastic Surgery at University Medical Center.
In his academic and professional career, Dr. Tessler has received multiple initiator-investigated clinical grants, has presented in over 35 national and international meetings, has been invited internationally as a visiting professor, and has published over 25 high impact research papers and book chapters. He currently serves as an Editor for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, the world’s leading plastic surgical publication, as well as the Journal for Reconstructive Microsurgery. He has served for several years as a moderator and judge for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons annual meeting and is a member of the ASPS Annual Meeting Program Committee and the Plastic Surgery Foundation Educational Subcommittee.
Dr. Tessler has collaborated and partnered with some of the leading global pioneers of microsurgical and prosthetic breast reconstruction, having lectured internationally. Dr. Tessler was nominated in 2016 as one of ten national experts to be a part of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons’ National Autologous Breast Reconstruction Performance Measures Workgroup. His papers on reconstructive and aesthetic breast surgery have been amongst the most cited plastic surgery papers, according to the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal. Due to his expertise in the field, Dr. Tessler has been retained as a consultant to multiple innovative technology firms that work on the next generation of surgical technologies to enhance breast reconstruction outcomes.
Dr. Tessler works closely with the leading innovators in migraine surgical treatment. This surgical approach has provided many long-time migraine sufferers with pain-free and medication-free results. His technique involves an upper eyelid lift incision that is aesthetically pleasing. The publication of this technique and its results have gained widespread national prominence and allowed him to create the largest regional center for migraine surgery at LSU. His clinical work and results have been presented at multiple national meetings and published in leading peer-reviewed journals. As surgical treatment for this condition evolves, Dr. Tessler continues to be at the forefront of technological advancement and clinical research for his patients.
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Elite Plastic Surgery, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Assistant Clinical Professor at LSU and Tulane University, Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, New Orleans LA
- Director of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA
- Associate Program Director, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, LSU, New Orleans, LA
- Attending Physician at Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard University, Boston, MA
- Clinical Instructor at University of Sherbrooke and Attending Physician at Hospital Charles LeMoyne, Montreal, QC
- Clinical Instructor at University of British Columbia and Attending Physician at University Hospital Northern British Columbia, Prince George, BC
- Residency – Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, QC
- Fellowship – Reconstructive and Aesthetic Breast Surgery, Harvard University, Boston, MA
- MD/MBA – McGill University, Montreal, QC
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology) – McGill University, Montreal, QC
AWARDS & HONORS
- Selected one of five students to complete a prestigious five-year combined MD-MBA program at McGill
- Part of the surgical team that performed the first complete hand transplant at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Nominated among 10 national experts to be a part of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons’ National Autologous Breast Reconstruction Performance Measures Workgroup – 2016
27 Total Reviews
Dr. Oren Tessler is a highly experienced and friendly Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon at Elite Plastic Surgery, accepting patients from the Greater Phoenix/Scottsdale area.
Elite Plastic Surgery
10910 N. Tatum Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85028